Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is it unhealthy for your nails to always have acrilic nails on?

If people would only realise the chemicals that make up the powder and liquid that go into forming acrylic nails, they wouldn't wear them anymore! There's a reason those nail techs wear respiration masks when they apply and file acrylics... they're POISON!!





Another reason acrylics are bad for you is that a little critter called ';Pseudomoneras'; can get under your acrylics if there's moisture trapped under them. You never know if you have ';the Greenies'; until you either take them off and are unpleasantly surprised, or they get so bad they start to give off a horrible foul odour. If this stuff gets into your bloodstream you can get EXTREMELY sick!! Why sacrifice your health for pretty nails??





If you still feel you have to have artificials, get in touch with the nearest salon that uses a product called ';BackScratchers'; and have them use the ';Stik'r and Kick'r'; method with silk sheer wraps. They are completely clear (unless you get white tips), you can't get moisture or nastiness between them and your natural nail, they're stronger than Gel-style or acrylic nails, they're thinner, more comfortable, more natural looking and you don't have to get fills as often! They may be more expensive for your first full set, but they're better in the long run. No hospital bills!!Is it unhealthy for your nails to always have acrilic nails on?
Yes it's very bad, not to mention expense and sometimes painful when you catch them on something.





The acrylic breaks down your natural nails and is hard on your nail beds. With prolonged use your nails will become brittle, thin and break very easily. Also you are more likely to catch an fungal infection.Is it unhealthy for your nails to always have acrilic nails on?
MAYBE
It's not necessarily a terrible thing, but it's not great either. I have found that changing my set every few times I go in (about once every six weeks or so) helps a lot. After I had had acrylics for about two years I noticed my natural nails growing in a little funny so I had them removed and left them off for about three months. That was enough time for them to heal themselves and get back to normal.
Yes, because your nails are unable to breathe. I have had gel nails on for...a really long time. About, 5 years, maybe. %26amp; whenever I get them taken off %26amp; get a new set on, they look pretty bad. I tried to leave them off (once in 5 years), %26amp; I can't even handle how my natural nail feels against anything. I am so used to the hardness of the fake nail, that my real nail feels strange against any surface. Needless to say, I put them back on after a day.
Yes. Its bad. The nails can't breathe and become VERY soft. You may find it hard to grow your nails, after you have taken the acrylics off, because they will keep breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment